We’re seeking an experienced, awesome Development Coordinator to keep our development office running smoothly!
Application Deadline: April 1
A great development team needs a great person working behind the scenes. SPARC’s growing development department has a full-time Senior Director of Development (Candace Mraz) and a part-time Director of Development (Jodi Gray), both of whom are focused on direct meetings with donors and constituents, building relationships throughout the community. The Development Coordinator will keep these activities organized by handling the data, correspondence, and record keeping for this fast-paced team.This is a part-time position, currently planned for 10-15 hours per week. The hourly wage is $12.50-13.50 per hour, based on experience, and the position is paid when the office is closed for holidays. There are no other benefits offered with the position.
You’ll work side-by-side with a positive, collaborative, creative team of development professionals, within a growing organization filled with leaders who are committed to profoundly influencing the lives of young people.
- Positive attitude. Our team succeeds when all members have a can-do spirit, are fun to be around, and do not complain, make excuses, or gossip.
- Self-starter, self-manager. We need someone who takes initiative, anticipates needs, and gets things done on time.
- Detail oriented. There are many moving pieces in SPARC, and we need someone who makes complex things seem simple.
- Positive communicator. We want someone who can be counted on to focus on the positive, inspire the team, value his/her colleagues.
- Trustworthy. Our team and constituents need to be able to count on the follow-through and responsiveness of the person in this role.
- Decisive. Though senior leadership is always available to support you with sensitive problems, we need someone comfortable making decisions and judgment calls.
- Adaptive. We need someone who is able to handle unexpected situations in stride, and who is prepared and capable to step in for a member of his/her team at a moment’s notice.
- Committed to excellence. We give our students, families, faculty, and the community a “wow experience” with SPARC at every opportunity.
- Education: Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum three years’ experience in an administrative position, preferably in a non-profit development office.
- Technical: Advanced skills with database management (preferably Salesforce), Microsoft Office, and e-mail communication.